Compounded Medicines in Jeopardy – Act Now!
19th March 2007 by Arrow Durfee Posted in Uncategorized
Please be aware that this action is promoted by pharmaceutical companies so that people will be forced to purchase medications from them only which can not be designed specifically to individual needs. Hence the compounding pharmacies are forced out of buisness and people have no option but to purchase an inferior product, increasing pharmceutical company profit and jeopardizing their optimum health……….Arrow
Action Alert! – Don’t Lose Your Access to Compounded Medicines – US
Tell Congress: Don’t Take Away Our Access to Compounded Medicines!
If you or a loved one relies on compounded medicines – e.g., bioidentical hormones, pediatric medicines, hospice treatments – or if you prescribe compounded medicines to your patients, please read on.
Take Action 1
A small but powerful group of senators is about to introduce legislation that would severely restrict and possibly deny your access to critical medications and create new onerous regulations for prescribers. Act today to protect access to compounded medicines!
If this legislation passes, federal regulators, not your doctor, will decide what medicines you can take. Do you really want to leave your customized medicine needs in the hands of bureaucrats in the government?
The so-called Safe Drug Compounding Act of 2007 would, among other things:
* Broadly eliminate the availability of many critical, commonly compounded medications that many patients rely on, such as bioidentical hormones for women, hospice care treatments for the terminally ill and customized medicines for children.
* Allow the federal government to determine when compounded medicines are needed – a decision that has always been and should always be made by doctors.
* Restrict the compounded medications your doctor can prescribe even if he or she determines you need them.
If you or someone you know depends on compounded medications, act now to stop this dangerous legislation!
What can you do?
1. Write your elected representatives in Congress. Use P2C2′s easy to use tool to write your members of Congress.
For Physicians, patients, caregivers and health advocates go to: www.iacprx.org/site/PageServer?pagename=P2C2001secBHRTatRisk
2. Also, please keep this in mind: It’s critical that you personalize your letter. Tell your own story. Tell them how you or your patients rely on compounded medicines and what your life or your patients’ lives would be like without them.
3. Tell a friend. Even if your friends and relatives don’t rely on compounded medicines themselves, they still have a loved one – you – who does. That’s their story to tell. Please encourage them to tell their representatives in Congress.
4. Tell more friends, patients and colleagues. The best weapon we have in this fight is you. You are the patients and physicians. Yours is the story that your representative in Congress cannot ignore. The more people we can get to unite in support of compounded medicines, the better our chances of winning will be.
Click on the “Compounding in Crisis” icon at www.savemymedicine.org/ today to learn more about the issues, take action, tell-a-friend and save patient access to compounded medicines. Thanks for taking action to defend your access to compounded medicines!
Take Action Now